Mario Madness
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My System for making members get special privileges

4 posters

Go down

My System for making members get special privileges Empty My System for making members get special privileges

Post  Mario Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:45 am

I put points on each person's profile. People earn points for helping members with problems, finding things on the internet for them, getting new members to join the forum, and more! Doing good things gets you more points, but doing bad things makes you lose points. The more points you have, the more privileges you get.

Some privileges you can get:

• Viewing secret forums
• I may ask you for advice about the forum, sometimes
• I will look at your suggestions first
• 2 VERY secret things, but they are VERY good. You will be able to find them out when/if you become a good member or mod.

Some bad things that can happen with negative points:

• Becoming a bad member
• Banning
• Limited posting
• Limited Access

No one knows how to become a mod or a good member unless they are a mod or good member (or admin). When you do what you have to do to become one, then you will find out, and if you go back to a normal member, if you tell anyone, you will be banned and I will change the way to become a mod or good member. And don't even think you can get off with PMs, because admins can check them.

Last edited by Mario on Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Mario
Mario
Admin

Male Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-09-01

http://digibutter.nerr.biz/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1693

Back to top Go down

My System for making members get special privileges Empty Re: My System for making members get special privileges

Post  _Rhesus Perplexus Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:58 am

Mario wrote:I put points on each person's profile. People earn points for helping members with problems, finding things on the internet for them, getting new members to join the forum, and more! Doing good things gets you more points, but doing bad things makes you lose points. The more points you have, the more privileges you get.

So, can I become a moderator if I do these deeds of benefaction?
_Rhesus Perplexus
_Rhesus Perplexus

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

My System for making members get special privileges Empty Re: My System for making members get special privileges

Post  Mario Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:23 am

The Thnikkaman wrote:
Mario wrote:I put points on each person's profile. People earn points for helping members with problems, finding things on the internet for them, getting new members to join the forum, and more! Doing good things gets you more points, but doing bad things makes you lose points. The more points you have, the more privileges you get.

So, can I become a moderator if I do these deeds of benefaction?
...I never said that.
Mario
Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  _Rhesus Perplexus Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:42 am

I just wanted to know. Then how can you become a mod? Through some ultra secret rite of passage, maybe? Or do I have to send you something really cool like a Peter Gabriel era Genesis album?
_Rhesus Perplexus
_Rhesus Perplexus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:58 am

No one knows how to become a mod or a good member unless they are a mod or good member. When you do what you have to do to become one, then you will find out, and if you go back to a normal member, if you tell anyone, you will be banned and I will change the way to become a mod or good member. And don't even think you can get off with PMs, because admins can check them.
Mario
Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  _Rhesus Perplexus Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:05 am

The meaning of that quote is wearing down on my poor little freshmen brain. I will just post with dignity and help advertise this site.
_Rhesus Perplexus
_Rhesus Perplexus

Back to top Go down

Post  _Rhesus Perplexus Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:16 am

Pardon this double post please. (and yes, I know that people aspiring to be mods should not double post. Please excuse me just this once. I am just curious about something.)

That Painkiller dude became a mod a few days ago and I'm wondering what he did to achieve that position. Could I do what he did to become a mod?
_Rhesus Perplexus
_Rhesus Perplexus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mario Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:01 pm

The Thnikkaman wrote:Pardon this double post please. (and yes, I know that people aspiring to be mods should not double post. Please excuse me just this once. I am just curious about something.)

That Painkiller dude became a mod a few days ago and I'm wondering what he did to achieve that position. Could I do what he did to become a mod?
Unfortunately no. You can't. Painkiller was one of the first members to join here. He helped me create this site out of nothing, so when we were done, I made him a mod for two reasons.

1) We needed some mods
2) It would have been unfair to make him a normal member, especially after all of his hard work. It was a reward.

Becoming a mod is a reward. You'll become a mod if you do things that reward you.
Mario
Mario
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eduardo Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:47 am

This is a good idea, I love these privileges.
Eduardo
Eduardo

Male Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-11-03

http://clubnintendo.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon S. Kennedy Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 am

Mario wrote:
And don't even think you can get off with PMs, because admins can check them.

If I remember correctly, Forummotion does not allow you to do that, due to a law by those stupid French people.
Leon S. Kennedy
Leon S. Kennedy

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-29

http://hocotatefreight.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum